The Headshot Intensive Workshop
I've decided to discontinue The Headshot Intensive LIVE workshop for now in order to make way for THE HEADSHOT INTENSIVE ONLINE. I've left the info below for your viewing because the platform and topics covered are the same that are delivered in the online workshop. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The new workshop begins JULY 1st and you can sign up here: Headshot Intensive ONLINE!
INFORMATION BELOW IS BASED ON THE DISCONTINUED PLATFORM AND IS HERE FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY!!!!
Well guys, here it is! After 10 plus years of shooting headshots I’ve decided to teach the concepts that made my studio what it is today. I’ve jam-packed this info into a concise weekend workshop that will get your mind churning with new ideas and give you a new perspective whenever a someone steps in front of your camera. It is geared toward headshot photography, but this stuff applies whether your subject is 3 feet in front of your camera or 30 feet in front of it, so I believe any portrait photographer will flip to have this information as part of their toolkit when shooting.
In this workshop you’ll learn the in’s and out’s of my workflow, shooting style and business sense. You’ll immerse yourself into the action as you apply these ideas to your shooting style over the course of the weekend.
In a nutshell, THE HEADSHOT INTENSIVE is designed for the photographer looking to gain beneficial knowledge from the industry leader in order to develop a new skill set when shooting people. Yes, it will be geared towards headshot photography and essentially how to derive income from an industry that I believe is accessible to any photographer no matter how much photography experience one may or may not have. So whether photography is your full time gig or you are a passionate hobbyist who can’t seem to put your camera down, this intensive is for you.
The workshop is also the breeding ground for my new team of PH2 Associate Photographers. We are launching a new global initiative to create an elite crew of headshot photographers worldwide. Interested? I'd love to see your work, so sign up for a free account now. All PH2 Protégé photographers who take part in The Headshot Intensive and are interested in becoming a PH2 Associate photographer will work closely with Peter to create a portfolio worthy for inclusion into the PH2 Associate Photographer Program for their target market.
Here's what some attendees have said about their Headshot Intensive Experience:
The Art Behind the Headshot Discount
I made The Art Behind The Headshot DVD with Lee & Patrick of Fstoppers and the response to it has been incredible! I feel it's a perfect tool to accompany the intensive or if you can't make it to one of the workshops, it is designed to teach you the techniques I've learned over my ten year career to become the most recognized headshot photographer in the industry. It's a hands on in depth approach to photographing people and directing them towards that perfect shot. Anyone registered for the intensive with a paid deposit will receive a promo code good for 50% off the DVD download.($150 value) and those that have previously purchased it at full price will get $100 off the price of the intensive.
Some Topics Include:
- Lighting Hurley-Style
- My belief in being 90% Therapist and 10% Photographer
- The neccesity of being a Jack of All Trades
- Performing The Chameleon Approach
- Applying Sherlock Holmesing to the mix
- Digging into Micro-Expression
- Creation of Residual Laughter
- Direction by Miss-Direction
- The Shoot: You’ll apply the ideas laid out to you by shooting a handful of people we've brought in for the weekend.
- Game Plan & Business Know How: Develop your business through branding, marketing and advertising your work. Pricing your work into your target market and ground rules for handling your customer service.
- The Final Product: Retouching, printing and delivery of the final product.
- PH2PRO: Peter will discuss his global plan and your shot to capture your target market by becoming a PH2 Associate photographer. The goal is to have each photographer that is interested in building their headshot business become part of the PH2 referral program, using it as a marketing tool to build their headshot clientele through referrals from their own PH2PRO micro-site.
What You'll Need:
- A DSLR or medium format digital camera and basic knowledge of how to use that camera. You’ll want a decent headshot lens to go along with it, so I generally like anything above 85mm for full frame DSLR’s and 100mm and above for medium format cameras.
- Everyone should bring a laptop and/or external hard drive with them to the workshop.
- We've had everyone from beginner to professional go through this workshop and the ideas presented work for everyone no matter how far along you are in your career.
- A good nights sleep prior to coming up to the intensive! We go from 10am to 11pm on the first day and from 10am to 8pm on the second, so be ready for a busy 2 days.
Cost and Scheduling:
The price for attending this phenomenal weekend workshop is $1700. It’s an amazing value for anyone interested in taking their headshot photography to new heights or would simply like to up their game when photographing people. However, I want to add even more value for those fired up to attend:
The Real Deal:
- Any photographer that is one of the first 4 to sign up for any 2013 Intensive with their deposit paid will receive an early bird bonus of a free year on PH2PRO.com at the Protégé level.($200 value)
- All photographers with a paid deposit will receive a promo code for 50% off THE ART BEHIND THE HEADSHOT DVD download.($150 value) If you have previously purchased the DVD at the full retail price of $300 you will receive $100 off the workshop price. *no discount if you previously purchased the DVD at a discount.
- Kata bags have sponsored The Headshot Intensive, so we will be giving away one bag for a lucky attendee.
- B&H has also sponsored the workshop, so we will be giving away a $50 gift card from my favorite store on planet earth.
- Get your own Headshot by Peter Hurley! Each photographer will get in front of my camera at some point during the workshop and I'll personally shoot a headshot of you for your own bio. I can't stand photographers who don't put a nice shot of themselves on their about or bio page, so I'm making sure each of you have one! You'll get a unique perspective from being in front of my camera as well. Allowing you to understand exactly what your clients are going through is a powerful experience. It has been one of my favorite portions of the course and a real eye opener for past attendees.
- All Headshot Intensive graduates will be upgraded into my PH2PRO Coaching Program at the Apprentice level for free! You'll join the conversation by being added to a group of over 100 photographers that have attended the workshop. Each photographer will also be added to the Protégé group on PH2PRO and receive a 6 month membership at the Protégé level.($120 value)
- Before & After Portfolio reviews: The Intensive is quite intense and I'd like to spend the time feeding you all the information I can in the 2 day timeframe, but I still want to see what you are up to and what kind of work you've been shooting until now. Therefore, I want each photographer to place some images in their Protégé coaching gallery and submit them for review prior to the intensive. I'll get to know a little about what you are shooting and after the workshop I want you to add some new images using the techniques you've learned for us to discuss through my portfolio review system. If you don't have headshot images prior to showing up to the intensive don't sweat it! This is totally optional for you and a bonus.
My goal for the course is that each photographer receives a tremendous amount of value out of taking the workshop, so if you have any questions whatsoever, feel free to contact me personally and I'd be happy to speak to you about it. Use the links on the right to register for your desired workshop in order to lock in any promotions you may receive as well as and promo code for the DVD.
I feel stongly that the workshop is appropriately named, so I hope you are ready for an INTENSE weekend of non-stop information coming your way!
The fee includes a light breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. Lunch on both days as well as dinner on Saturday night.
Once you register and pay your deposit you’ll be entered into the pre-intensive group on PH2PRO, so make sure you've signed up for a free account or have already upgraded to the Protégé coaching level. In the pre-intensive group you will receive the schedule, logistics for the studio you are coming to, DVD Promo code, as well as my quick tip guide.
Due to the nature of the workshop and the INTENSITY, the workshop runs from 10am the first day until approx 11pm. The second day runs from 10am until 7pm.
There is a 50% deposit($850) due immediately upon registering to reserve your space and snag any time sensitive discounts. All deposits are non-refundable. However, should you need to reschedule and inform us at least a week prior to your scheduled intensive, I will apply your deposit toward the workshop of your choice in the future. The balance is due at registration on Saturday morning.
So, are you ready to get serious about your headshot photography?
Get it going, each workshop is limited to 9 photographers and 1 returning photographer that has already taken the class and wants to participate again for 1/2 price.
Reserve your spot today!(this is disabled, to sign up for the online workshop go here: http://ph2pro.com/workshops/headshot-intensive-online) – simply click the button on the right the corresponds to your desired workshop to register by paying the 50% deposit you'll be locked in and ready to roll! Any discounts that you will receive will be applied to your final payment on the first day of the intensive.
Questions? Feel free to email us or call the studio at 212.627.2210. My assistant(Ashley) and I are happy to answer any questions you may have.
NY studio address:
Peter Hurley Photography Studio
134 W 26th Street, Suite 1203
New York, NY 10001
Marina Del Rey, CA 90066
3800 Commerce St #105
Dallas, TX 75226
855 W Blackhawk St
Chicago, IL 60642
1001 SE Water Ave
Portland, OR 97214
Looking forward to seeing you there!